What Should I Look For When Choosing a Fire Safety and Protection Company?
If you run any type of business, or own any commercial building, you are required to have some type of fire safety equipment. To protect the building and the occupants inside, you must make sure that the fire protection system is up to date and meets all regulations and codes. This means that you are going to have to acquire fire safety and protection services for regular testing, maintenance, installation, inspection, etc. While this may seem like a hassle, it doesn’t have to be. As long as you know what to look for in a fire protection company, you can receive reliable services.
Here are some tips on choosing a reliable company for your fire safety and protection services.
- It’s extremely important that the company performs installations and inspections in accordance with the local building codes and the National Fire Protection Association. Everything from a sprinkler to a fire pump must be in installed in accordance with the building code document established by provincial and municipal governments. Violation of the code can lead to disastrous consequences.
- Be sure to choose a company that has years of experience. If they’ve been around for a long time, they must be doing something right. Over time, they should have accumulated expert engineers, installers, renovation experts, support staff, and technicians who are capable of handling your company’s fire safety and protection equipment.
- Acquire services from a company that can handle your type of building. There are many types of buildings that serve many purposes: offices, workplaces, restaurants, hotels, apartments, warehouses, storage facilities, industrial, etc. Every building has special requirements – particularly regarding fire sprinkler systems and extinguishers.
- In addition to the building itself, there are specific services you might require. For instance, if you need a specific brand of fire or smoke alarm installed or inspected, you will need a company that is familiar with that specific brand. If you have a deluge-pipe sprinkler system, you will need a company that has experience in dealing with that type of system.
- Find out about the training and hiring process of the company you are considering. How do they train their technicians? Do the technicians have the relevant experience for the service you need?
- If you have a new, large construction project, you need to select a company that has the resources and knowledge for dealing with it. Designing, building, and installing a new automatic fire protection system is a very involved process. There are so many components that go into an integrated commercial fire protection system, ranging from extinguisher pumps to sprinkler piping.
- On the other hand, if you require renovation services for an existing building, the company you choose should have the resources and expertise for handling renovation projects. Just altering the layout of a building or putting a new wall in can affect the sprinkler system.
Keep in mind that fire safety and protection services are not a one-time thing. You will need regular maintenance for as long as you own the building. This is why the selection of a fire protection company is so important – you must be able to rely on them in order to develop a long-term relationship.